Stuffed Bell Peppers
Tender bell peppers filled with a flavorful mixture of ground meat, rice or quinoa, vegetables, and spices. Baked until the peppers are tender and the cheese topping is melted and golden. A satisfying and versatile dish that can be customized with various ingredients. Perfect as a main course or side dish.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the bell peppers by cutting off the tops, removing the seeds and membranes, and rinsing them under cold water.
- Heat olive oil in the flat plate of Ventray Grill over medium heat. Sauté chopped onion and minced garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- Add ground meat to the plate and cook until browned and fully cooked, breaking it into small pieces.
- Once the meat is cooked, add diced tomatoes, cooked rice or quinoa, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to the plate. Stir and let it cook a few more minutes to combine flavors. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Arrange the bell peppers upright in a baking dish.
- Fill each pepper tightly with the meat and rice mixture. Spread any leftover filling around the peppers.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each stuffed pepper, covering the filling.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove the stuffed bell peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.