Matcha Green Tea Waffle
Green (tea) Waffles, so health, tasty and adding some twist to your classic waffle recipe
#breakfast #brunch #waffles #greentea
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup matcha powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter
The secret tip to this recipe is to use the best matcha powder you can find at your local stores. Always make sure you seal your matcha powder after each use.
You can make waffles in batches, and reheat them later to eat as snacks. This makes a perfect afternoon snack.
You can also freeze your waffles for later. Let them cool completely, wrap them in plastic wraps individually, place them in a Ziploc and remove as much air from the bag as possible. Place them in your freezer, and label your Ziploc with the date. They are still tasty for up to 1 month.
- Preheat waffle maker, brush all sides with oil
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients
- In Ventray Stand Mixer bowl, over medium speed, whisk together milk, egg, vanilla extract, honey until smooth
- Add in dry ingredients into Ventray stand mixer, whisk in butter last
- Pour waffle batter into waffle iron, cook until ready
- Serve with syrup, top with your favourite waffle toppings, fresh fruits and nuts.
Your batter might get thicken over time while waiting for the previous batch of waffles to be cooked. Add a splash of milk into the thick batter and whisk until just combined to thin out the batter again.