This simple easy banana bread waffle recipe is a must-try Ventray recipe. You can substitute a variety of milk and flour alternatives.
If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a few tsp of honey or agave nectar into your batter.
This recipe is quick and easy, leaving you feeling satisfied and saves a lot of time without the need to bake a whole loaf of cake.
The perfect twist to your classic breakfast waffle recipe.
For this recipe, use very ripe brown bananas they add more fragrant and flavour to your waffles.
- Preheat waffle maker, brush all sides with oil
- Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt,
- In Ventray Stand Mixer bowl, whisk over medium speed, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and melted butter, until smooth
- Add in mashed banana into Ventray Stand Mixer, and mix until just combined
- Fold in the flour mixture, whisk until just combined
- Pour batter into waffle maker and cook until ready
- Serve with syrup, chocolate sauce, fresh fruit, nuts, or just butter and syrup
Never over mix your batter, break any lumps with a spatuala.
For cripier waffle, cook 1-2 minutes longer than usual.
- Waffle Maker
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of buttermilk (or whole milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 medium bananas, mashed