- 1¾ cups pastry flour
- 1¼ cups cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk (or whole milk)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
Cornmeal waffles taste fantastic when paired with fresh whip cream and berries, or Nutella.
Cornmeal waffles are much more moist and delicate than Belgium waffles. You can always get creative with ingredients you want to add, such as chocolate chips or blueberries.
- Preheat waffle maker, brush all sides with oil
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, sugar
- In Ventray Stand Mixer, over medium speed, whisk together milk, honey, egg, vanilla extract.
- Add in flour mixture into Ventray Stand mixer, add in butter, and mix until just combined
- Pour batter into waffle maker, cook until ready.
- Serve with your preferred choice of topping.
- Waffle Maker