- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 11/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tbsp butter metled, cooled
- 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk
- 1 cups old cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 handful chopped chives
- Black forest ham
- Maple syrup
To add your own favourite meat to this savoury waffle, you simply sprinkle the meat of your choice onto the batter in the waffle iron before cooking.
We have tested, ham, left over meatball pieces, bacon, and rotissary chicken chunks.
If you are a meat lover, adding meat will definitely make this waffle a lot more fragrant and tasty.
If you are vegetarian, spread some avocado slices, this always brings this waffle to the next level.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sea salt in a bowl
- In Ventray Stand Mixer bowl, beat together buttermilk, butter, eggs, egg yolk, mix until just combined
- Add in flour ingredients gradually while mixing over low medium speed.
- Don’t over mix, break up large lumps with a spatula, let batter sit for 20 minutes
- Preheat waffle iron, brush oil on both sides.
- Stir in rosemary, chives and cheese with a spatula,
- Pour batter in waffle iron.
- Waffle Maker