This classic cookie taking on the shape of a snow-dusted evergreen is a great gluten-free cookie option and is an elegant, delicious, and fun Christmas treat.
• 2 1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
• 5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• Pinch of kosher salt
• Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat VENTRAY oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Thoroughly combine coconut, granulated sugar, egg whites, vanilla, and salt in VENTRAY stand mixer.
3. Form 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time into 2-inch-tall trees with your hands, using your fingertips to make pointed tops.
4. Transfer each tree to a baking sheet lined with parchment, spacing them 1 inch apart.
5. Bake until edges are golden and trees are firm, 12 to 14 minutes.
6. Cool 2 minutes on pans. Remove cookies from pans, and cool on wire racks.