This light and refreshing dessert is the perfect way to show your mom how much you care. The strawberries are a symbol of love, and the thyme adds a touch of elegance.
• 1-pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon freshly minced thyme
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
• 1 cup heavy cream, divided
• 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
• Thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat Ventray Oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In the Ventray grill, combine strawberries, sugar, thyme, and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In Ventray SM600 stand mixer, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add butter pieces and rub them into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Pour in 1/2 cup of cream and mix with a fork until dough comes together. If the dough is too dry, add more cream 1 tablespoon at a time.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or glass to cut out circles and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Gather dough scraps together and reroll. Cut out additional biscuits and place them on the baking sheet.
7. Brush the tops of the biscuits with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and jam. Enjoy!