• 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
• 2 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 double pie crust
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well with the Ventray stand mixer.
2. Roll out one of the pie crusts and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Pour the fruit mixture into the crust and dot with butter.
3. Roll out the remaining pie crust and place it over the filling. Trim the edges and crimp the edges with a fork. Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
4. Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 375°F for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Let the pie cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.