Fish is a popular dish in Chinese cuisine. At Lunar New Year, when the family gets together to celebrate with fish, it has to be the Year of the Tiger Fish for good luck.
• 1 ½ to 2 pounds whole fish (snapper, sea bass, or striped bass)
• 3 slices fresh ginger
• 2 green onion stalks (optional for serving)
• ¼ cup soy sauce (Kikkoman brand preferred)
• 1 tablespoon rice wine (mirin recommended)
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Thoroughly clean the fish by making 3 deep diagonal cuts on each side of the fish.
2. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in VENTRAY electric grill over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and add ginger, green onion stalks, and three whole green onions (optional).
3. Gently lay the whole fish in the VENTRAY electric grill, making sure it is fully submerged. Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Remove the fish from the water and set it aside to allow it to cool slightly before serving with sauce.