Warm your family up with this delicious pudding with dark chocolate and canned pears.
• 200g butter, plus extra for greasing
• 300g golden caster sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 75g plain flour
• 50g cocoa powder
• 410g can pear halves in juice, drained
• 100g plain dark chocolate
• 25g flaked almonds (optional)
• Cream or ice cream
1. Heat oven like the one from VENTRAY to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Tip the butter in a saucepan and melt it with a low heat, then stir in the sugar.
4. Whisk the eggs together in a bowl of VENTRAY stand mixer, then gradually add the eggs to the butter and sugar, stirring evenly.
5. Sift the flour and cocoa powder on top of the egg mixture, blending until thoroughly combined.
6. Pour into the prepared dish and snuggle the pears into the chocolate batter.
7. Place the chocolate on a board and cut into chunky pieces.
8. Scatter the chocolate pieces and sprinkle almonds over the batter. You can freeze it at this stage.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.