This squash and chorizo pot pie is tasty and looks impressive for a simple dinner staple or even a fancy party.
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 2 red onions, chopped
• 175g chorizo, skin removed, sliced
• 300g butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
• 400g can chickpeas
• 200g bag spinach
• 140g crème fraiche
• 320g puff pastry sheet
• 1 egg, beaten
1. Add oil in a pan and heat.
2. Add onions and cook until soft.
3. Stir in chorizo and cook until the chorizo leaks its oils.
4. Add the squash and approx. 100ml water.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in the chickpeas, spinach and some seasoning.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add the crème fraiche and bubble for 3-4 minutes.
9. Heat oven like the one from VENTRAY to 400 degrees F.
10. Divide the filling into 4 pie dishes.
11. Cut out 4 lids from the unrolled pastry.
12. Brush a little beaten egg on the edge of each dish.
13. Put a pastry lid on top and brush this with beaten egg.
14. Poke a hole in the top of each pie.
15. Bake for 25 minutes until the lids become puffed and golden.