This seafood stew is perfect for a chilly new year eve winter night. The spicy broth is packed full of shrimp, scallops, and mussels. It’s the perfect comfort food to warm you up from the inside out!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes, undrained
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 bay leaf
• 1-pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1/2-pound scallops
• 1/2-pound mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in the VENTRAY electric grill over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, and tomatoes. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, scallops, mussels, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until seafood is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf before serving.