Snowballs are a winter time favorite. Did you know that a snowball cookie is an ice cream sandwich made of two cookies with layers of vanilla and chocolate ice creams, all rolled up in a tube shape?
The snowball cookie was invented back in the 1920s by the famous Ivar Haglund. He had been trying to invent a new dessert for his restaurant when he came up with this recipe. Originally, there were only four ingredients: sugar, butter, eggs and flour – perfect for making your favorite holiday treat.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Using parchment paper, line a large cookie sheet.
3. Combine flour, pecans/walnuts, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla in the VENTRAY stand mixer. Add the butter and stir until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
4. Form dough into small balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake 15 minutes in the VENTRAY oven.
6. Cold the cookies on the baking sheet until they are cool enough to handle before rolling them in powdered sugar.