This slow-roasted grape crostini with goat cheese and walnuts is truly an elegant appetizer. It is delicious and is a perfect delicious vegetarian appetizer for the holiday gathering.
• 4 cups red grapes
• 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• ½ cup crumbed fresh goat cheese
• 24 slices baguette, lightly toasted
• ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
• 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a large glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Stir grapes, oil, salt, thyme and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Spread out in one layer in the baking dish. Roast, stirring occasionally until wrinkled and caramelized, 48 to 55 minutes.
4. Remove from the VENTRAY oven. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the grapes, and stir to coat. Set aside.
5. Spread goat cheese on the baguette, dividing equally.
6. Top with the grape mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with honey.