This roast beef is simple to make with no frills, yet it is incredibly juicy, tender, and flavorful.
• 2 1/2 lbs. top round roast
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 tsp dried tarragon
• 1 tsp dried rosemary
1. Heat VENTRAY oven to 375 degrees.
2. Make 8-10 small incisions (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep) around the meat and then insert a slice of the very thinly sliced garlic into each.
3. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack over a roasting pan. Pour water and beef broth into the pan to very lightly cover the bottom of the roasting pan.
4. Rub the roast with olive oil until coated. Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, and dried herbs all over the roast and spread to evenly coat with your hands.
5. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven during these 45 minutes to baste or check on the roast.
6. After 45 minutes, reduce heat to 250 degrees F and cook an additional 10-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. While it is resting, it will continue to rise in temperature to 145 degrees F.
7. Remove the slices of garlic, if desired, and then slice across the grain using a sharp knife in a very thin slice to serve.