You will love these layer cake-inspired pancakes. Much like traditional red velvet cake, these cocoa pancakes are complete with a rich and tangy cream cheese butter topping.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
• 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ cups buttermilk
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
• Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter
1. Sift together flour, powdered sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of VENTRAY stand mixer.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, granulated sugar, and food coloring into another bowl.
3. Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the flat plate of VENTRAY multifunctional electric grill.
5. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
6. Turn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
7. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven for up to 30 minutes
8. Serve with Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter.