Provencal vegetable soup is a French-styled hearty soup made with potatoes, celery root, carrots, onions, garlic, and olive oil. To make the most of its natural flavors you should serve it with some crusty bread on the side.
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1/2 tsp oregano (dried)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
• 125 g (1 cup) diced (cubed) potatoes (red skin or regular)
• 500 ml water
• 500 ml vegetable stock
• 2 celery sticks, sliced diagonally
• 150 g fennel bulb, roughly chopped
• 200 g carrots, peeled and cut into 5cm lengths
• 100 g broccoli florets or broccolini spears
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the VENTRAY electric grill. Add the onion and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until softened but not browned.
2. Mix the oregano, garlic, potatoes, and half of the water into the electric grill with the salt and pepper to taste (optional). Bring to the boiling point, then reduce heat to low–medium, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender when tested with a knife; add more water if needed.
3. Stir in stock, celery, fennel bulb & carrots; bring back to boiling point. Reduce heat to low–medium; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are very tender.
4. Stir in cream, heat through but do not boil. Add parsley. If a thicker consistency is desired add milk before heating through or once the soup has been removed from heat while leaving the parsley out until serving time. Taste to adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top; chili oil; crusty bread (optional).