This recipe is hearty and filling, but still light enough to enjoy as a summer soup. The Italian seasoning gives the soup a nice depth of flavor, while the Parmesan cheese and chili flakes add a little bit of heat.
• 1-unit Yellow Onion
• 6-ounce Carrots
• 1 clove Garlic
• 4-ounce Kale
• 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
• 13.76-ounce Crushed Tomatoes
• 3-unit Veggie Stock Concentrate
• 2.5-ounce Israeli Couscous
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 unit Demi Baguette
• ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
• 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
1. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Peel and chop the carrots into small pieces. Mince the garlic. Chop the kale into small pieces.
2. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, kale, and Italian seasoning to the Ventray grill.
3. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and veggie stock concentrate.
4. Bring the soup to a simmer and then let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, cook the Israeli couscous according to package instructions.
6. Once the couscous is cooked, add it to the soup along with the garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and chili flakes.
7. Serve with a baguette on the side. Enjoy!