Brighten up your holiday meals with these oil-free holiday recipes. These miso roasted vegetables are easy to batch cook, taste good, and make your life so much easier. An excellent healthy side dish to any festive gathering.
For miso marinade
• 40g (1.4oz) piece of miso paste
• ½ tsp. garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
• 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
• ¼ tsp. paprika powder
• 200g (7oz) water
• 1 tbsp. tahini
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh thyme
• ½ tbsp date sugar or coconut sugar (optional)
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
• 2 smaller beetroots
• 1 big carrot
• 1 sweet potato
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp ginger
1. Start by blending all the marinade ingredients until smooth in VENTRAY blender. Chop the fresh herbs before to ease blending. Transfer to a jar and keep in the fridge.
2. Prepare the vegetables. First, cut out the seedy parts of bell peppers.
3. Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
4. Cut the beetroot and carrot into thinner sticks or smaller cubes to allow all the vegetables to cook within the same timeframe.
5. The sweet potato sticks or cubes can be bigger than those of beetroot and carrot.
6. In a bigger bowl, mix the bell peppers and Brussels sprouts with about 4 tablespoons of miso marinade and pour them onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Next take beetroot and carrot and repeat the process – drizzle with marinade, mix well and transfer onto baking sheet together with bell peppers and Brussels sprouts.
8. Finally, stir the sweet potatoes separately and add a dash of ginger powder and cinnamon that go extremely well with sweet potatoes.
9. When everyone’s all cozied up on the baking sheet, drizzle some more miso marinade on top and bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes.