Roasting is one of the easy methods of cooking. All you have to do is prepare whatever ingredients you want to roast with some simple flavors and then place it in the oven which can do all the work for you. The same goes for your Turkey during the holiday season.
• 1 12-15 lbs. turkey completely thawed
• 2-4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1-2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 granny smith apple no need to remove core, cut into eighths
• 1 navel orange unpeeled, cut into eighths
• 1 yellow onion quartered
• 1 bunch fresh rosemary about 6-8 stems, whole
• 1 bunch fresh sage leaves about 6-8 leaves, whole
• 1 bunch fresh thyme leaves about 8-10 stems with leaves, whole
1. Heat VENTRAY oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place turkey, breast-side down, on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
3. Stuff as much of the apple, orange, onion, rosemary, sage, and thyme into both cavities of the turkey. Stop when no more is able to fit without falling out. Firmly press the skin flaps surrounding the cavities closed to keep everything in — there’s no need to tie up.
4. Bend the wings back to help stabilize the turkey and allow for even browning.
5. Rub all surfaces of the turkey with olive oil.
6. Season the turkey liberally with salt and pepper.
7. Place the turkey in the center of the oven and cook, approximately 2-3 hours.
8. Once done, carefully remove from the oven, cover with tin foil, and allow to rest 20 minutes before slicing and serving.