Nian Gao is a traditional Chinese New Year cake that symbolizes growth and prosperity. It’s also tasty as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce!
Serves 4-6 persons. The cooking time is around 20 minutes.
• 1/2 cup rice flour
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (can be omitted)
1. Mix the rice flour and water in a bowl, stir until the mixture is smooth.
2. Add the oil, ginger, and salt to taste. Mix well.
3. In VENTRAY electric grill over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and spread it around. Add the rice flour mixture into VENTRAY electric grill and flatten it to cover the bottom surface of the pan. Cook for a few minutes until it turns hard/solid.
4. Turn off heat and cut the cooked Nian Gao into bite-size pieces.
5. Serve hot or cold with a bowl of congee, Chinese donut sticks, and red bean soup for breakfast.