Nothing beats the taste of a fresh New York-style bagel!
With a crispy exterior and chewy interior, these bagels are perfect for any occasion.
• 4 cups bread flour
• 2 tsp instant yeast
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp malt syrup
• 1 1/2 cups warm water
1. In the bowl of a Ventray Stand Mixer, combine flour, yeast, salt, malt syrup, and warm water. Mix with a dough hook until a smooth dough forms.
2. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, divide it into 8 pieces and shape them into balls. Cover and let them rest for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Using your thumb, poke a hole in the center of each ball and stretch the dough to form a bagel shape. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat Ventray Oven to 375°F (190°C). Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the bagels.
5. Boil for 2 minutes on each side, then bake at 425°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!