Black beans are rich in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. This recipe calls for you to blend some of the ingredients – like the cooked onion and garlic with cumin and paprika – making it smooth and creamy!
• 1 cup of black beans
• 1/2 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 3 tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon of cumin
• Salt to taste
• Chili powder and paprika (optional but recommended)
• Lime zest
1. Cook beans in boiling water for about an hour or until tender.
2. Finely chop the onion, garlic, and pepper.
3. Chop tomatoes into small pieces and puree with cumin, salt, chili powder, and paprika (optional).
4. Pour bean mixture into VENTRAY blender to blend with vegetables. Blend together on high speed until it has a thick consistency that’s creamy like soup! Add more water if needed to thin out the soup to your liking.
5. Put blended ingredients back into VENTRAY electric grill over medium-high heat until hot enough to simmer again (about 5 minutes).
6. Before serving, top each bowl with lime zest.