One of the most famous soups, this bisque is creamy and rich. The sweet taste comes from the fleshy lobster tail in which you’ll find chunks in every spoonful.
• 6 cups seafood stock
• 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
• 1 cup potatoes, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
• 2 bay leaves
• 4 sprigs parsley
• 3 strips lemon peel
• 1 lb. lobster tail meat (raw), cut into pieces
• ½ cup dry white wine
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper dash cayenne pepper
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon brandy
• 8 oz. whipping cream
1. In VENTRAY electric grill over medium heat, combine the first 9 ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Strain soup through a cheesecloth-lined strainer into a bowl; discard solids.
2., Melt butter in VENTRAY electric grill over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly; gradually whisk in strained stock mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in brandy, cream, and lobster meat; heat through (do not boil) and serve.