Try something new to resolve your leftover turkey this year. Turn it into this delicious and spicy leftover turkey Jambalaya. Be sure to keep this recipe in mind and you will find leftovers never tasted so good!
• 2 tablespoons Vegetable or Olive oil, divided
• 1 pound andouille or kielbasa sausage, sliced
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
• 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce, undrained
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 cup long grain rice
• 2 cups diced turkey
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the deep plate of VENTRAY Multifunctional Electric Grill.
2.Add sausage and cook until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add remaining oil to the grease in the deep Plate of VENTRAY Multifunctional Electric Grill.
4. Add onion, green pepper and celery and cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
6. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, Tabasco sauce, pepper, and thyme.
7. Bring mixture to a simmer and stir in rice and reserved sausage. Cover and cook on low, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes. Cook uncovered for the last 5 minutes to help thicken it up, if needed.
8. Stir in turkey and serve.