You will LOVE this squash recipe! It is one of our favorites because it’s not only hearty but also creamy, flavorful, and has just the right amount of spiciness.
• 1½ tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups vegetable broth (vegetable bouillon)
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 cup water
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash or pumpkin or 1 lb. roasted butternut squash cubes or canned pumpkin puree
• 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the olive oil to VENTRAY electric grill over medium heat then add the onions and cook until soft.
2. Then add the garlic and stir well before adding the vegetable stock, cinnamon stick, water, bay leaf, salt & pepper to taste.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Skim any foam that may rise to the surface then add the squash and thyme leaves and simmer for 30 minutes or until soft.
5. Take out most of the soup (leave some in it) using a slotted spoon and place in VENTRAY blender, carefully blend until smooth.
6. Return to VENTRAY electric grill and serve with chopped peppers on top, drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with thyme leaves.
7. Serve hot!