Prep: 30 mins Bake: 10 mins Total: 40 mins Servings: 2 Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
• ⅔ cup dried whole grain or gluten-free penne pasta
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon dry mustard
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ cup evaporated fat-free milk
•¼ cup shredded reduced-fat Italian-blend cheeses (1 ounce)
• 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1 5 ounce package fresh baby spinach
• 2 ounces cubed lower sodium cooked ham
1. Preheat VENTRAY Oven to 400°F.
2. In VENTRAY Electric Grill cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in VENTRAY Electric Grill. Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in flour, dry mustard, and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
5. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in Italian-blend cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese until melted. Gently stir in pasta, spinach, and ham.
6. Divide pasta mixture between two ungreased 10-ounce ramekins or individual casseroles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake, uncovered until tops start to brown.