Dumplings or wontons are a staple in northern and central China. These simple dumplings can be filled with meat and vegetables and quickly steamed or boiled to make an easy appetizer for any celebration meal.
• 1 lb (453 g) ground pork
• 3 tsp (15 ml) Shaoxing rice wine
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) sesame oil
• Fresh ginger, chopped
• Pinch salt
For the dough:
• 5 cups (1183 ml) flour, as needed
1. Mix the ground pork, rice wine, sesame oil, and ginger.
2. Mix in half of the salt.
3. Add some water and knead it into a dough for 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into four sections; make each section into a roll about one inch (2 cm) thick. Cut each roll into one-inch (2 cm) slices.
5. The dough is now ready to be wrapped around the filling of your choice. There are many different options for filling–from ground meat, mushrooms, and cabbage to dried shrimp or just about any vegetable you like.
6. Add the dumplings to the VENTRAY electric grill of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until they float to the surface. Serve with hot chili oil, soy sauce, vinegar, or anything else you might like!