Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 12 deviled egg chicks
• 12 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, or add to taste
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp salt, or add to taste
• 1 small carrot, peeled and sliced into rings
• 6 black olives
1. Peel 12 hard-boiled eggs.
2. Slice off a very thin layer from the base of the egg with a sharp knife.
3. Cut off a generous top third of the egg.
4. Squeeze around the egg base gently to loosen the yolk and it should pop right out.
5. Keep the lids paired with their bases.
6. Mash the cooked yolks well with a fork.
7. Mix the mashed yolks, mayonnaise, Dijon, garlic powder, salt together in Ventray MK37 stand mixer, blend until smooth.
8. Transfer mixture to ziploc or pastry bag and pipe generously into egg bases. Place top 1/3 back over the base and press down slightly to adhere.
9. Insert 2 olive spots for the eyes and 2 carrot wedges for the beak.
10. Set chicks on a platter and garnish with fresh parsley.