The balance of the sweet corn and the savory cream creates an explosion of flavors in your mouth.
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 5 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
• 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
• 1 medium sweet onion (Vidalia), coarsely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 4 cups organic vegetable broth or homemade chicken stock
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 x 14oz cans creamed corn
• 2 x 14oz cans white-kernel corn
• 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
• Fresh chives
1. In VENTRAY electric grill, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and celery and sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Add onions and garlic – continue to sauté for another 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
2. Pour in broth/stock, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
3. In VENTRAY electric grill, heat creamed corn & white kernel corn over medium heat stirring constantly for approximately 10 minutes or until thickened (if it starts sticking to the pan add a splash of water). Add thyme leaves – stir well then remove from grill.
4. Using the VENTRAY blender, pulse the soup until smooth and creamy. Alternately you may use the VENTRAY blender to purée it in batches – be sure to vent the lid of your blender so heat doesn’t build up.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of cream into the soup, stir well then season with salt and pepper as needed.
6. Ladle soup into individual bowls & top with a dollop of creamed corn mixture and a dusting of ground pepper.