This simple dish is perfect for a busy new year’s dinner when you don’t have time to cook something complicated, but still want to serve your family a healthy meal. It also makes great leftovers!
• 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 head of garlic
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 10 ounces arugula leaves
1. Preheat the VENTRAY oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet or coat with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine flour and salt. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and milk together. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then coat with egg mixture and bread crumbs. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a medium pan, heat olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat until the garlic is browned on all sides. Set aside half of the garlic cloves. Add a few more to taste if desired.
4. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, add milk, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to the pan with the baked garlic (add more than 1/2 cup of milk if needed). Simmer until sauce thickens slightly (about 5 minutes), stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan. Turn off heat and set aside until ready to serve.
6. Once the chicken is done, plate it and top it with sauce. Serve with your favorite sides (We recommend rice and steamed broccoli).