Chicken legs with bones
Thoroughly soaked basmati rice
Sliced tomatoes and onion
Shah Jeera/ black cumin seeds
1. Add oil to a deep pot, fry onions for 10 minutes over medium heat until brown.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste, fry for 5 minutes over low heat.
3. Add chicken, fry for 3 minutes over high heat.
4. Add biryani masala, fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add some water, fry for 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add tomatoes, fry for 5 minutes over low heat until softened.
7. Add yogurt, mix thoroughly.
8. Add coriander powder and mint leaves, cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add chilies, cover the pot, and cook for 20 minutes.
10. Open the cover, stir until the remaining water dries up while the chicken is still juicy.
11. Remove chicken to a dish and set aside.
Cook Basmati Rice
1. Clean the pot and use it to boil water.
2. Add cinnamons, cardamoms, and cloves.
3. Add Shah Jeera/ black cumin seeds and salt.
4. Add basmati rice, stir till almost done (80%).
5. Remove to a big bowl.
Cook Chicken & Rice
1. Set half of the rice in a deep flat pan evenly.
2. Spread cooked chicken over the rice.
3. Lay the rest of the rice on top of it.
4. Add some mint leaves.
5. Cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
6. Mix rice and chicken.
7. Transfer to a dish and serve.