Stir-Fried Rice Cakes (Nian Gao)
A tasty and easy-to-make recipe for any day of the week, stir-fried rice cakes (Nian Gao) is a delicious and nutritious dish.
• 1 package of rice cakes
• 1/2 onion, sliced
• 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
• 1/2 cup of sliced cabbage
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp of soy sauce
• 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp of sugar
1. Soak the rice cakes in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat the Ventray electric grill flat pan to medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil, onion, bell pepper, cabbage, and garlic. Stir-fry until the veggies are tender.
3. Add the rice cakes to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Pour the sauce over the rice cakes and veggies, and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.