Dragon Fruit Salad
The Dragon Fruit’s scales and red “fruit armor” make for a powerful Chinese New Year dish. The fruit itself is also rich in antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin C, and lycopene.
• 1 pack (about 20) wonton chips
• 1 cup canned lychees, cut in half lengthwise
• 2 cups chopped seedless cucumber
• 2 cups chopped apples
• 1 large ripe but firm dragon fruit, peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
• ½ small white pear, diced
• juice from 1 lime or lemon
• 1 tablespoon clear jel or cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons sugar, or more to taste
• pinch salt
1. In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients. Set aside for now.
2. In a large mixing bowl add cucumber and lychees.
3. Mix apples with a spoon until they are slightly mushy and add to the bowl.
4. Add dressing and toss gently. Place wonton chips around the inside of a large, wide serving dish and carefully fill with salad mixture so as not to tear up the chips.
5. Serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes before serving.