• 1 cup cake flour
• 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 12 egg whites, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together cake flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a Ventray stand mixer, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in remaining 3/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold in sifted dry ingredients, 1/4 cup at a time, until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract and fold gently to combine.
4. Pour batter into an ungreased Angel Food Cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched. Invert pan immediately and let cool completely before removing cake from pan. Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream if desired.