Pimiento Mac and Cheese
This recipe combines the creamy and comforting elements of mac and cheese with the tangy and vibrant notes of pimientos, resulting in a delightful and visually appealing dish.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper for added heat
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Place the deep plate onto Ventray Grill, and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk constantly for about 1-2 minutes to make a roux.
- Slowly pour in the milk while whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until it thickens and comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the shredded cheese, stirring until melted and smooth. This creates the cheese sauce.
- Stir in the chopped pimientos, salt, black pepper, and any optional spices you prefer. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the plate and gently toss until the pasta is evenly coated with the cheese sauce.
- Cook the mac and cheese for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Remove from heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.