Roast duck is another popular dish in the Cantonese cuisine of southern China. This recipe uses traditional Chinese flavors to enhance your new year’s celebration meal.
• 1 whole duck, about 4 pounds
• Salt and white pepper
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or lard
1. Preheat the VENTRAY oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse the duck under cold, running water, and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
3. Rub inside of the cavity liberally with salt and white pepper, then rub outside of duck all over with oil or lard. Place wings behind back.
4. Place duck in baking pan, breast side up, and roast until skin is golden brown and crisp (about 1 hour).
5. Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before carving for serving. Serve with steamed rice or Chinese pancakes.