These cookies are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. They taste great with or without frosting, but if you want to add some extra flair, try decorating them with red and white icing in the shape of a candy cane. It will look festive and taste amazing! Don’t forget about Santa when he comes down your chimney – he’ll love these cookies as much as you do!
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Cream together the butter, confectioners’ sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in the VENTRAY stand mixer. Blend until completely smooth. Combine flour and salt.
3. Remove half the dough from the bowl. Blend the remaining half of the bowl with red food coloring until it is evenly colored.
4. Roll into 4-inch strips, then lay a red and white rope side by side, lightly press together, and twist to form a spiral.
5. Spread out on a baking sheet. Curve the top of the cane down to make the handle.
6. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove from pan while still warm and sprinkle with candy and sugar mixture.