Active: 25 mins Total: 35 mins Yield: 4 servings
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup loosely packed finely shredded carrots (about 2 small carrots)
• 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for cooking the pancakes
• 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
• 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 2 bananas
• 24 chocolate chips or raisins
• Honey or maple syrup
1. Preheat the Ventray Oven to 225 degrees F. Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, carrots, and melted butter.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until fully combined. Stir in the pecans.
5. Heat Ventray Nonstick Smokeless Grill over medium heat, and brush with melted butter. Start by making 4 round pancake “bodies” (about 1/4 cup batter per pancake).
6. Cook until the bottom of the pancakes becomes golden and the top of the pancakes is bubbly. Then flip and cook until the second side becomes golden. Place the finished pancakes on the preheated baking sheet in the oven to keep them warm.
7. Use the same method to make 4 round “bunny head” pancakes and 8 oval “bunny feet” pancakes with the remaining batter (about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake). Keep them warm in the oven.
8. Whisk together the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until well combined and smooth.
9. Place a large pancake in the center of the plate to make a “bunny body”.
10. Then place a small round pancake at the top of the large pancake to make a “bunny head”.
11. Place two small dots of the cream cheese mixture at the bottom of the large pancake to attach the oval “bunny feet” pancakes.
12. Dollop a dot of the cream cheese mixture on a proper spot of the large pancake to make a “bunny tail”.
13. Peel and cut the top and bottom from both bananas. Use the halved banana pieces to make “bunny ears”.
14. Slice the leftover pieces of banana crosswise and add them to the feet.
15. Finish the feet with 3 chocolate chips or raisins each.
16. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup on the side.