Christmas is just around the corner, and many people are already prepping for their holiday feast. One dish that will surely be on your table this year is a traditional British Christmas Pudding! A family favorite, this delicious dessert recipe has been handed down through generations of Brits to make sure you’ll never forget the taste of home at Christmas time.
1. In the VENTRAY stand mixer, combine the fruit, prunes, sugar, rum, and stout. Stir well to mix, cover, and soak for 24 hours.
2. Combine the walnuts, almonds, ground almonds, breadcrumbs, flour, butter, spices, and eggs, as well as the soaked fruit mixture (include all the soaking liquor). Blend until completely incorporated.
3. Cover with cling film and set aside for 24 hours in a cool place.
4. Grease a 1.2L/2pint pudding bowl with butter after 24 hours.
5. Place an upturned saucer into a large saucepan one-quarter full of water.
6. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
7. Allow cooling completely after cooking.