This dish has all the flavors of fall, but it’s hearty enough for wintertime too. We guarantee everyone at your table will be asking for seconds (and thirds).
• 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef short ribs
• 1 large onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup red wine
• 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the polenta:
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In the VENTRAY electric grill over medium-high heat, cook the beef short ribs until browned.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the red wine, tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-4 hours, or until the beef is very tender.
4. Make the polenta: bring the chicken broth to a boil in VENTRAY electric grill. slowly add the cornmeal while whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, butter, salt, and pepper.
5. Serve the beef and polenta together in shallow bowls.