Beef Wellington is an elegant dish that will make everyone think you’re a gourmet chef. This meal is perfect for any special occasion and will help you create the ideal meal to impress your friends and family.
• 1 beef tenderloin (about 2 lbs), trimmed and cut into 6 equal portions
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 cups beef broth
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
• 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat VENTRAY oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly dust beef with flour. Heat olive oil in VENTRAY electric grill over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In VENTRAY electric grill, add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 10×14-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 equal strips.
4. Place beef on puff pastry strips, dividing equally among them. Roll up each strip, enclosing beef inside. Pinch seams together to seal well.
5. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve immediately.