Roughly chopped bacon
Crushed beef bouillon cube
Finely chopped thyme and parsley
Quartered brown mushrooms
1. Add oil to a pot, sauté bacon for 3 minutes over medium heat until browned. Move it to a larger dish.
2. Cut the beef brisket in chunks and sear them in hot oil until browned on all sides. Transfer beef to the dish with bacon.
3. Sauté carrots and diced onions for 3 minutes until softened.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add bacon and beef back to the pot, season with salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle with flour, toss well and cook for 5 minutes till it’s brown.
7. Add pearl onions, red wine, and enough beef stock.
8. Add tomato paste, bouillon, thyme, and bay leaves.
9. Cover the pot and boil.
10. Reduce the heat to low, simmer for 1-2 hours.
11. Stir until the meat is falling apart.
1. Heat butter in a pan for the last 8 minutes of cooking meat.
2. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds or until you get a noticeable gralicy fragrance.
3. Add mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes until the butter is absorbed.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine & Serve
1. Add mushrooms to the pot.
2. Simmer for an additional 8 minutes.
3. Stir to combine all ingredients.
4. Garnish with parsley and serve.