An easy and healthy breakfast spiced with warm flavors and high in protein. Start the day off right with these paleo, gluten-free, and low calories gingerbread muffins.
• 2 cups almond flour
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3 eggs
• 1 tbsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp cloves
• 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Using VENTRAY stand mixer, blend together the eggs, honey, molasses, and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the spices, flours, and baking soda.
4. Add half the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir to combine. Then stir in the oil and remaining flour.
5. Divide the mixture evenly among 12 muffin cavities. Bake 15 minutes at 350 F.
6. Cool the muffins on a wire baking rack. While the muffins cool, prepare the optional frosting by stirring the ingredients together. Drizzle the muffins with the frosting.